Image Map

Tuesday 23 July 2013

Nails Of The Day | Cascade Cool

Nails Of the Day Essie Nail Lacquer Cascade Cool Belle-amie UK Beauty Fashion Lifestyle Blog
Nails Of the Day Essie Nail Lacquer Cascade Cool Close Up Belle-amie UK Beauty Fashion Lifestyle Blog
Nails Of the Day Essie Nail Lacquer Cascade Cool Brush Belle-amie UK Beauty Fashion Lifestyle Blog
Nails Of the Day Essie Nail Lacquer Cascade Cool Bottle Belle-amie UK Beauty Fashion Lifestyle Blog
Nails Of the Day Essie Nail Lacquer Cascade Cool Swatch Belle-amie UK Beauty Fashion Lifestyle Blog

Hi everyone, I hope you're all well and enjoying the sunny weather we're having! So in a couple days I will be going on holiday which means this will be the last post from me for just over a week. Don't worry, there will be some amazing guest posts popping up on my blog over the next week so there will be new posts (and hopefully new blogs) for you to read! Today's post is about my new Essie polish in Cascade Cool which I was kindly sent by Half Price Perfumes. I've been lusting after this shade ever since I started buying Essie polishes and I'm so excited to be reviewing it for you all!

Cascade Cool is a gorgeous bright dusty pink and is one of those shades that every girl needs in their nail polish collection. It's definitely a perfect shade for summer and it looks amazing against a lot of skin colours! It hasn't got any shimmer in but it does leave a very glossy finish to the nails.
With most Essie polishes I have tried, the formula has always been very thick and becomes opaque on the nails in just a couple of coats. However, I do find Cascade Cool is a lot thinner and needs around 3 coats to be completely opaque (this is what I have done in the picture). This doesn't bother me too much as I've never been the type of person to do 1 coat of polish and leave it at that, but it may mean you need to spend a little extra time painting your nails to build up the colour. As Essie polishes come with a wide brush, it makes painting your nails quick and easy as you can cover your nail in just a couple of strokes. It also means you can get right down to the cuticle to create a perfect finish every time! As for the drying time, I found it dried pretty quickly and kept its glossy, smooth finish. My one issue with this polish is that it did chip and peel on a couple of nails within a 1-2 days when I didn't wear a top coat, so I think you do need to wear a good top coat with this polish to make it last longer!

Other than that, Cascade Cool is a gorgeous nail polish that I know I will get a lot of wear out of. I do love wearing bright colours during the summer and this shade is perfect for doing so! Essie Nail Lacquers are now just £1.99 on Half Price Perfumes!

What are your thoughts on Essie's Cascade Cool?
Which Essie polish is your favourite for summer time?

27 comments:

  1. Ooh that's lovely! Reminds me a little of OPI's If You Moust You Moust x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colour

    alittlebitsunshine.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just ordered this polish!it looks so pretty on your nails!:)can't wait to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous colour, perfect for holiday :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this colour, it's gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute colour and name for a nail polish :) Need it! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a gorgeous shade, I always find it hard to find a pink-tone that isn't too garish, but this is a beautiful muted tone ^.^
    flawedfairytale fashion blog ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this colour and I love it! It is like the perfect mix between pink and purple :D x

    Beaumaquillagex | Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, my post scheduled for today is a Cascade Cool NOTD! Weird coincidence. But I'm definitely a fan of it :) xx

    D Is For...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, how funny :) It is a lovely nail polish! xx

      Delete
  10. That's such a nice pink colour. I don't mind three coats, if anything it lasts longer this way!

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, I came across your site through GFC bloghop! :) I just want to say that's a beautiful shade of pink! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous colour, especially for Summer! Also so generous of them to donate it to you! Still love your blog, looking forward to some guest posts, so exciting! :) Rachel xx

    I have (literally) just started my own blog! You may recognise me from 'pillar-boxpost', however I started to try again as it wasn't going too well for me! I'm now 'pillarbox-post' (I really liked the name!) and instead of blogging just about cosmetics, I will be doing a wider spread as I have so many interests! I have just blogged about 2 books I have recently read, with loads more posts coming up this week. I would be so grateful if you could check it out! :D XX

    www.pillarbox-post.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm really glad you're looking forward to the guest posts :) I'll definitely come check your blog out! xx

      Delete
  13. That is such a lovely colour! Also I just wanted to say thankyou for sharing with us so many bargains, I've been reading your blog since around March time but only now got the courage to create my own, but in the meantime I've picked up some great tip from you - I just wish our poundland was as well stocked as the one near you! haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay, I'm a huge bargain hunter myself and I love sharing my finds on my blog :) The trick with Poundland is to keep checking. I've found so many great brands like Dainty Doll, OPI, Stila - the list goes on! xx

      Delete
  14. Such a cute bubble gum pink colour!! I love it!! xx

    lupusheartbeat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really do need to try some Essie nail polish, bad blogger for not having one yet!

    Kylie @ lazy2lovely.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like that color! It looks so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great color! Pink can be super tricky to do right.

    Amy

    http://chalkdustandhighheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a gorgeous colour :)x

    http://dontneedmakeutocoverup.blogspot.ie/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a pretty shade and I don't think I've actually got anything else like this. I love that Essie shades are now available for a fraction of the price on sites like Fragrance Direct x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting. I love reading your comments and will try to reply to everyone's questions. If you have any questions you want to ask me directly, tweet me @beautybelleamie or e-mail me at belle-amiebeauty@hotmail.com ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...